Purpose of Georgia Council of the Blind
The Georgia Council of the Blind is a non-profit
consumer organization affiliated with the American
Council of the Blind. We strive to elevate the social, economic, and
cultural levels of the blind. For over 40 years, GCB has been working toward
providing a forum for views of the blind, improving education and
rehabilitation, and broadening vocational opportunities for the visually
impaired. Peer support is an important part of GCB as it encourages and
assists the blind in developing their abilities and potential to become
independent and responsible citizens in their communities. Peer support is
especially helpful for the newly blind who may be confused or bitter. GCB
works hard to educate the public about the problems of blindness and the needs
and capabilities of the blind. Cooperation with the public and private
institutions and agencies for the blind is encouraged. G C B holds a convention
each year at different locations throughout the state. This event offers timely
and informative educational programs as well as recreational and social
interaction with members and non-members from all over the state of Georgia. GCB activities and programs include: educational programs, legislative action,
scholarships, peer support, technology, exhibits, news letters, social
Current Officers & Contact Information
President, William (Bill) Holley
Phone: (706) 410-4945
1st Vice President, Keith Morris
Phone: (706) 595-1465
2ndVice President, Steve Longmire
Phone: (404) 234-5820
Secretary, Robin Oliver
Phone: 1 (706) 850-4025
Treasurer, Jerrie Toney
Phone: (706) 461-1013
At-Large Representative, Debbie Williams
Phone: (770) 595-1007
GCB News ....
What's happening at GCB?
1. The GCB phone numbers have changed: Local is 706.410. 1023 and toll free is 1.877.842.9733
2. You can hear the audio of the January 18, 2014 Board Meeting by calling 1.605.475.4099 PIN 880828. Follow the given instructions, when it asks for the reference number hold on and it well go to the next part.
3. There will be a vote on a proposed amendment change at the April 19, 2014 Board Meeting (location TBA). Click here to see the proposal. Every member vote counts, therefore, each chapter President/Secretary will tally their members vote. The State Secretary will call & gather the Members at Large votes, or Members at Large can send their votes to email@example.com.
"The first day of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year." Mark Twain
April 16: Linda Cox
April 19: Sam Howard, Daniel Myers
April 19: GCB Board Meeting
April 20: Easter
April 30: Terecia Standridge
"People who are hungry do not want to kiss." Dorothy Dix
1. I am the owner of a pet store. If I put 1 canary per cage I have 1 too many birds. If I put 2 canaries per cage I have 1 too many cages. How many canaries and cages do I have?
2. You have a lighter and 2 fuses that burn in exactly 1 hour but they don't burn at a steady rate. It takes 59 minutes to burn the first inch and 1 minute to burn the last. Using these 2 fuses how would you measure 45 minutes?
3. My daughter has many sisters. She has as many sisters as she has brothers. Each of her brothers have twice as many sisters as they have brothers. How many sons and daughters do I have?
**Click here for the answers.
The Technology committee meets every second Thursday evening at 8:30, the phone
number is 1-267-507-0370 and the PIN is 42282. All are invited to attend
and bring your ideas.
Georgia Council of the Blind
Constitution and Bylaws
Committees, Awards and Eligibility Requirements
Click here to
email any feedback
or problems with this website.